On Tuesday, March 12th, Olivia and I had the exciting opportunity of attending Disney’s Awaken Summer Event at the Aloft Seaport in Boston Massachusetts. Upon walking in we were greeted by smiling cast members who checked us in and invited us to look around at the stunning artwork outside the ballroom. This artwork depicted some of the highlights heading to the Walt Disney World Resort area this summer.
The cast members presented the information in a way only Disney can-through song and theatrics.
They began with Disney’s Animal Kingdom showcasing the thrilling new additions we can look forward to when the sun sets as well as a new signature dining restaurant.
- Sunset Kilimanjaro Safaris- Take a safari through the savannah as the sun sets on the horizon. This new experience will allow guests to see these incredible animals in a whole new light.
- Tree of Life Awakening- Watch as the iconic Tree of Life awakens with mesmerizing colors and artistic projections in the form of animal spirits.
- Rivers of Light- A stunning nighttime water show inspired by the Aurora Borealis. It will include live performers, water screens, and special effects that celebrate the beauty of nature.
- Discovery Island Carnivale as well as the Harambe Wildlife Party- Nighttime street festivals which will include stilt walkers, musicians, acrobats, and more. It is sure to be a fun time!
- Tiffins- Tiffins is Animal Kingdom’s first signature dining option. This water front restaurant’s cuisine and artwork is based directly upon travels to Africa, Asia, and South America.
Following Animal Kingdom was Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
- Jedi Training: Trials of the Temple- Jedi Training where you can bring your younglings to face the dark side will now include Jedi Hunter from Disney XD’s Star Wars Rebel cartoon.
- Star Wars Stage Show- A celebration of iconic Star Wars moments which will feature favorite characters.
- Star Wars: A Galactic Spectacular- The most elaborate firework display in Disney history. It will feature fire, pyrotechnics, projections, and music.
- Red Carpet Dreams- Walk the red carpet to meet Mickey and Minnie as they live their dreams as A-list Hollywood Stars.
- Olaf- Get your warm hugs ready to meet this loveable snowman as he lives his dream of being “in summer.”
Let’s continue to what is arriving at Epcot.
- Soarin’ Around the World- Soar around the world in this aerial adventure. It will include some of the world’s most popular attractions.
- Frozen Ever After- Come to Norway to experience this all new boating adventure that brings you through Arendelle. It will feature your favorite Frozen characters and songs.
- Royal Sommerhaus- The place to go to meet your favorite Frozen sisters in their new charming Norwegian cabin.
- Turtle Talk with Crush- Turtle Talk with Crush will now welcome Dory and her pals from Pixar’s Finding Dory.
Head off to Blizzard Beach to stay cool this summer!
- Frozen Summer Games- Blizzard Beach has invited Kristoff and Olaf to lead guests in a day of games and fun before the snow melts.
What about Disney Springs?
- Disney Springs is to open more than thirty new shops and dining options throughout the summer.
The summer of 2016 at Walt Disney World is sure to be an exciting time! We were quickly checking our schedules to find the dates of when we could experience all of the new additions ourselves. We can’t wait to see Animal Kingdom after dark, or give Olaf all of our hugs. We will be sure to report back late this summer after immersing ourselves in all the magic of Summer Awakens. I hope you all will be able to take some time this summer and experience the fun as well